Power engineering and natural resources
Sokolovskyi and Partners Law Firm provides legal assistance to companies operating in the energy sector. We provide legal services in the fields of production, transportation and supply of electrical power as well as legal support for renewable energy projects and access to energy infrastructure facilities. Our specialists have experience and knowledge on specific issues of the energy sector and have experience in real estate, land, grid connection, tax, finance, competition law, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law, which allows us to provide comprehensive support for energy projects.
We offer our clients the following legal assistance:
- legal study of land plots, legal support of registration of ownership/use of land for placement of renewable energy infrastructure;
- legal support of investment projects in the field of renewable energy, development and structuring of project financing agreements, due diligence of investment facilities;
- legal support of acquisition and disposal of assets in the field of renewable energy;
- legal support of receipt of permission documents for the construction and commissioning of built structures;
- legal support in the process of connecting to the grid;
- legal assistance in the implementation of energy-saving projects;
- obtaining green tariff, license for electricity generation, signing electricity purchase and sale agreement with SE “Energorynok”;
- legal support of public procurement procedures;
- protection of rights and interests of urban developers and investors before the competent state bodies (National Commission for State Regulation of Energy and Public Utilities, Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine);
- protection of rights and interests of participants of Ukrainian energy market in litigation and international arbitration.
Also, the clients of Sokolovskyi and Partners that are participants of the electrical power market receive legal assistance and judicial protection on competition and antimonopoly law issues. Our attorneys at law accompany our clients during inspections by the AMCU and represent the interests of our clients in courts on competition law issues.
Sokolovskyi and Partners and its engineering and consulting partners provide the following technical and economic support for renewable energy projects:
- energy audit of energy facilities in order to identify a set of necessary measures for further project implementation;
- support of projects for collecting initial data, permits, conclusions for design;
- design and construction of external power supply systems or power generation for consumption and generation facilities;
- connection to energy facilities;
- construction and commissioning of facilities in the energy sector;
- implementation of feasibility studies on energy efficiency measures;
- implementation of energy-efficient solutions;
- optimisation of expenses for electric/heat energy;
- introduction of innovative technologies.
Also, companies in the energy sector that are clients of Sokolovskyi and Partners receive legal assistance and judicial protection on issues of tax, antimonopoly and labour law, work with distressed assets of enterprises (bankruptcy), debt recovery, occupational safety.
Our attorneys at law accompany our clients during audits and inspections by supervisory bodies, represent our clients’ interests in courts when challenging decisions, actions or omissions of state bodies (and officials) and protect our clients in criminal proceedings.
Sokolovskyi and Partners is the founder of the Association of Solar Energy of Ukraine and actively joins the work of the Energy Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce, and defends the interests of the construction industry in the energy sector within the Confederation of Builders of Ukraine.
In 2019, the Legal Directory Legal EMEA 500 named "Sokolovskyi and Partners" among the best Ukrainian law firms in the field of energy sector.