Contingency asset management and bankruptcy
Specialists of Sokolovskyi and Partners Law Firm provide legal assistance to investors and business owners aimed at preserving efficiency of their businesses and assets and economic recovery in case of threat to financial stability of the company.
Asset management and restoration of solvency:
- assessment of economic situation and financial balance structure of the company;
- assessment of the company’s prospects of working capacity from the position of possible insolvency;
- determination of methods of restoration of solvency (financial recovery) of the company;
- restructuring of the company and its assets;
- control over transactions on alienation of assets;
- alienation of assets through replacement;
- change in the ownership, management or legal form;
- ensuring safety of debtor’s property;
- cost optimisation;
- protection of pledged assets.
- assessment of prospects of applying bankruptcy procedures to debtor;
- initiation of bankruptcy case (drafting an application);
- identification of signs of concealment of bankruptcy, fictitious bankruptcy or causing to become bankrupt;
- representation of the (secured) creditor interests in bankruptcy cases;
- services of insolvency practitioner (rehabilitation manager, bankruptcy commissioner);
- representation of investor in bankruptcy cases;
- support of sale of property (including pledged assets) at auction in bankruptcy cases;
- recognition of the invalidity of the debtor’s transactions (contracts);
- refutation of debtor’s property actions.
- assessment of debtor’s solvency;
- search for assets and analysis of debtor’s financial position;
- debt recovery;
- return of property alienated by debtor for the purpose of paying off debts to creditor;
- support of debt enforcement proceedings.
Termination of debt (debt retirement):
- termination of obligations by transfer of compensation to creditor by debtor;
- termination (repayment) of obligations, including tax debts, as a result of application of bankruptcy proceedings;
- postponement, instalment, forgiveness (write-off) of debts;
- fulfilment of debtor’s obligations by third parties;
- liquidation of debts (uncollectible);
- settlement of claims by set-off.
Liquidation of companies:
- support of liquidation procedure;
- drafting of liquidation balance sheet;
- termination of company by merger, acquisition or division;
- performance of functions of liquidation commission or reorganisation commission;
- liquidation of company in bankruptcy proceedings.
The Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients recommended attorneys at law of сontingency management and bankruptcy practice among the best lawyers in the field of bankruptcy and restructuring in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
In 2012, 2013 and 2016, the Legal Prize ranked Sokolovskyi and Partners one of the top five Ukrainian companies in the field of distressed asset management and bankruptcy support.